aksesoris-brio

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Resolved] Rattle

My BRIO is 95% rattle free, which is a a good thing!

But there is one rattle that particularly bothers me . It comes from rear/hatch area.

Whenever the rear wheels go over a small hump diagonally (NOT straight) I hear this sound. Basically, it happens when the body twists.

I removed the spare wheel, removed jack and everything else from the rear, but still there is this sound.

It sounds like metal component touching each other.

Anyone experience this?
Find
It can be from the tools kit, I've experienced it, after tidy them up the rattle is gone.

You can also check the bolts holding spoiler, someone here had the rattle problem because the bolts were not there or loose.
Find
(03-05-2016, 11:53 PM)Zikri Irfandi Wrote: It can be from the tools kit, I've experienced it, after tidy them up the rattle is gone.

You can also check the bolts holding spoiler, someone here had the rattle problem because the bolts were not there or loose.

I dont have spoiler on my car

Also, i removed everything from the boot - tools, tyre and jack, still there is that metallic sound

My last guess is that it may be from hatch strut.
Find
(03-06-2016, 12:05 AM)MICROHIT Wrote: I dont have spoiler on my car

Also, i removed everything from the boot - tools, tyre and jack, still there is that metallic sound

My last guess is that it may be from hatch strut.

I think the hatch strut is quite well placed, there's no way it will hit the metal around it.

have you try gently shake it? is it unstable and loose ?
Find
Sad 
(03-06-2016, 12:13 AM)Zikri Irfandi Wrote: I think the hatch strut is quite well placed, there's no way it will hit the metal around it.

have you try gently shake it? is it unstable and loose ?

Drove a short distance with-
1) Hatch door open
2) Rear seat folded

Stilll there is that sound, but only when rear axle goes over hump diagonally.
Find
Have you check hatch door hinge? Sometimes missing a ring can cause rattles.

Or, have you check the muffler?

Attached Files Image(s)

Find
(03-07-2016, 05:49 AM)Zikri Irfandi Wrote: Have you check hatch door hinge? Sometimes missing a ring can cause rattles.

Or, have you check the muffler?

I think it is coming from the storage area near the spare tyre  /  or may be somewhere near the hatch.

I will check the hinges and muffler again

From my past experience the hinges usually make sound all the time. this sound is only during slow speeds in the city, not  on highways.
Find
I FOUND THE SOURCE OF RATTLE !!!!
Find
(03-07-2016, 09:11 PM)MICROHIT Wrote: I FOUND THE SOURCE OF RATTLE !!!!

What is it?
Find
(03-08-2016, 06:14 AM)Zikri Irfandi Wrote: What is it?

The plastic cover was hitting the glass and making sound. So i put some padding and tightened the cover.

Unfortunately, that sound is still there but not as much, I have to test drive more, will update further............... Socute.PNG

Find