aksesoris-brio

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Lubricating Car Shifter

I want to put some grease on the shifter mechanism

I am trying to remove this but it is very strong, i am worried i will break it - any suggestion?

mine is manual transmission

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=3654]
Find
== Hi, this is a very interesting topic, it should make in its own thread. I move it here ==

Btw, what kind of grease you want to apply? can we reach the linkage from there?

I think its better to open the boot to access the linkage.
Find
(03-08-2016, 06:26 AM)Zikri Irfandi Wrote: == Hi, this is a very interesting topic, it should make in its own thread. I move it here ==

Btw, what kind of grease you want to apply? can we reach the linkage from there?

I think its better to open the boot to access the linkage.

I have SuperLube (synthetic grease)

This is sample pic from Jazz, i am sure you can reach in Brio if you can remove the cover.

There are some moving parts in the 'shifter housing' assembly where you can apply grease. Yours in MT or AT?

[Image: x247dl.jpg]
Find
This diagram is from jazz, brio should be similar, I have marked grease points.
You are correct about the location inside the engine bay - that is transmission linkage 
Lubricating shifter housing is not as important , but lubricating linkage is more important.

If your shifter is fine dont bother opening the shifter housing, just grease the linkage area instead.
Find
Do you plan to spray it from that cover? Mine is MT

And, I am actually wondering, the purpose of that cover?
Find
(03-08-2016, 03:50 PM)Zikri Irfandi Wrote: Do you plan to spray it from that cover? Mine is MT

And, I am actually wondering, the purpose of that cover?

No, I am trying to remove the centre console. To remove the centre console need to first remove the cover under the hand brake. I am not able to pull it out.

check- https://hondabrio.org/Thread-Lampu-kelap-...misi-matic

[Image: 97008_Silicone%20Lube%208%20Oz.jpg]
Find
Still not able to remove this, any idea? I dont want to break it

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=3654]
Find
I've asked our friend here, yes you can just pull it out
Find
Its not coming out, its very tight - need more force?
Find
Yes, sometimes we need more power to pop some panels in our car.
Find

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reduce shifter vibration and improve gear shift quality MICROHIT 2 365 03-03-2016, 08:14 AM
Last Post: MICROHIT